Yellow Smoke is a 358 acre recreation area with camping, cabins, shelters, picnic areas, 40 acre lake, fishing, Environmental Education Center, hiking trails, and a 4 mile paved walking/biking trail.
One mile east of Denison, IA on US Highway 30 and .5 mile north on Yellow Smoke Road.
- 61 site and 15 site campground with water and electric hookups
- The campgrounds feature modern showers and restroom facilities
- Cabins with heat, air conditioning, kitchenette, and modern restrooms (open year round)
- Two open and one enclosed shelter house for rent
- Beach with swimming area and bathhouse
- Environmental Education Center
- 40 acre lake with cement boat ramp
- Handicapped accessible fishing pier
- 4 mile paved walking/biking trail
Operating Hours & Seasons
6:00 AM until 10:30 PM daily
Camping usually runs from mid-April through October, weather permitting.