Dallas County Conservation is located in Central Iowa - just west of the Des Moines metropolitan area. The DCCB manages 20+ areas encompassing some 3115 acres of parks, wildlife areas, historic sites, trails and museums.
Activity opportunities include
- multiple public hunting areas including ones for bow hunting only and a special youth only hunting area
- trails - from easy strolls or bike rides on the paved 89 mile Raccoon River Valley trail to more challenging hikes up and down the Bemis Moraine along the Raccoon River
- multiple boat ramps along both the North and Middle/South Raccoon River river trails
- primitive and RV camping options, rentable cabins, picnic shelters, an event lodge and an overnight lodge.
- historic restoration project tours
- educational programs on natural and cultural history topics throughout the year!
For more information about the programs, facilities and services offered by the Dallas County Conservation Board - please contact us.
DALLAS COUNTY CONSERVATION BOARD
14581 K Avenue
Perry, IA 50220
PHONE: (515) 465-3577
FAX: (515) 465-3579
Map and Guide for Dallas County Parks and Recreation Areas
Activities in Dallas County
Our mission is to protect, preserve, and enhance our natural resources by providing opportunities to improve the public’s quality of life through environmental education, ecosystem management, outdoor recreation, and historic preservation
DCCB plans, acquires, develops, maintains, and makes available to the inhabitants of the county, public parks, preserves, parkways, playgrounds, recreation centers, county forests, wildlife, and other conservation areas. Activities available within the Dallas County Conservation Board areas include: camping, hiking, fishing, boating, hunting, picnicking and much, much more!
A priority of the Dallas County Conservation Board is environmental education. Without educating the people about our environment, all other problems are hard to overcome. DCCB cultivates good citizenship through environmental education by providing natural, historical, cultural, and recreational programs to the public.
Facilities in Dallas County
This is a small sampling of what Dallas County has to offer!
Forest Park Museum
Glissman Lodge at Glissman Conservation Area
Sportsman's Lodge at Sportsman Park
2 Rental Cabins at Sportsman Park
Hanging Rock Picnic Shelter
Trindle Park Picnic Shelter
Parks in Dallas County