Bear Creek Nature Center|
The center may be reserved for meetings or programs. There are many displays about wildlife at the center, as well as an indoor classroom. The diversity of plant and animal life allows for a variety of public environment programs. Bird watching hikes, prairie hikes, geological and archaeological programs and aquatic programs are a few of the educational opportunities available to the public. There are modern restroom facilities in the Bear Creek Nature Center.
Kuehn Conservation Area|
The Glissman Conservation Area boasts a 7.5 acre pond on 60 acres to hike, fish, bird watch, picnic or mushroom hunt. The Glissman All Season Lodge will sleep up to 8 people when using the futon and features a fully equipped kitchen, 2 bathrooms (an ADA shower and a bathtub), and a deck with a beautiful panoramic view. Pillows, towels and linens are not furnished.
Glissman Conservation Area|
Raccoon River Valley Trail|
Raccoon River Valley Trail
Surface: Asphalt and Concrete
Grade: The Raccoon River Valley Trail is mostly flat, with only 1% to 2% grade
Forest Park Museum|
These cabins provide visitors who wish a “camping out” experience but may not have the necessary equipment for typical camping. These 18’ X 14’ cabins sleep 5 people: one set of bunk beds and a bunk bed with a futon below. The cabins contain an ADA shower and restroom, microwave and refrigerator with heat and air conditioning for all season use. All you need to bring is your pillows, towels, linens, camping supplies and the spirit of adventure! Check out other great Dallas County Conservation Board parks and recreational areas at www.conservation.co.dallas.ia.us.
In Season (May 1 – October 31): Out of season (November 1 – April 30):
$70.00/night - Friday or Saturday $30.00/night
Weekend Package - Both Friday & Saturday for $100 $200.00/week – 7 nights
Holiday Package - Friday, Saturday & Sunday for $150 5% Excise Tax
$40.00/night - Sunday - Thursday
$280.00/week – 7 nights
5% Excise Tax
A deposit of $ 100.00 is required for this reservation. If it is determined by the Director of the Dallas County Conservation Board (DCCB) or the Director’s representative that the rules and regulations listed below were not followed, the deposit may be forfeited and not returned.
RULES AND REGULATIONS:
• Minimum age to reserve a cabin is 21 years old.
• Keg beer is prohibited.
• Pets are prohibited inside the cabin. Pets must be leashed outside at all times.
• Smoking is prohibited inside the cabin.
• Carry In/Carry Out Policy: Any trash/garbage brought in must be taken with you when you leave.
• Visitors must leave by 10:00 p.m. unless registered at the camping area.
• Please read posted Sportsman Cabin Check List and comply with each request.
• Drive slowly and carefully; obey all posted signs.
• The DCCB reserves the right to enter the cabin for maintenance or security problems.
• The DCCB has the right to refuse rental privileges and rescind any and all rental permits for cause.
• All rules and regulations of the Dallas County Conservation Board and the State of Iowa apply.
CHECK IN/OUT: Check in time: 3:00 p.m. Check out: 11:00 a.m.
REFUND AND CANCELLATION POLICY: 1. A check for the deposit and a separate check for the cabin rental must be received within seven (7) days of making the reservation or the reservation will be canceled. The deposit check will be held, not cashed.