Mud Lake Park
Mud Lake Park is located six miles north of Dubuque along the beautiful bluff land scenery of the Mississippi River. This river access area offers excellent picnic and camping facilities with handicap accessible showers and restrooms. The boat ramp provides boater and fishing access to both Mud Lake and Mississippi River Pool No. 11. Marine fuel, food, and boating slips are available at the adjacent Hawkeye Marina.
Ice fishing is popular in the winter and this area provides access to the backwaters of the Mississippi. Mud Lake Park also serves as the site for the Osprey Reintroduction Program; a hacking tower is located in the SE corner of the park. Two picnic shelters are available for rental and for those interested in reserving a shelter for an event, please contact the park ranger with your information. A year-round Park Ranger is in residence at this site.
Only 30% of the campsites at Mud Lake Park campground can be reserved online. The other 70% are first come, first served. Reservable campsites that are not reserved can be used on a first come, first served basis. A list of campsites that are reserved will be posted every week in the campground kiosk.
PARK CONTACT INFORMATION
Mud Lake Park
22312 Golf Lake Road
Dubuque, Iowa 52001
PHONE: (563) 552-2746
Mud Lake Park is located 6 miles north of Dubuque off of Mud Lake Road. Travel north on Highway 52 until you reach the town of Sageville. A BP gas station is located on the corner of Highway 52 and Sherril Road. Turn Right on Sherril Road and take the next right onto Mud Lake Road. Brown county park signs on are located from Highway 52 north to the park entrance to help guide visitor to the park.
Google Map Location
- Pavilion Rental
- Bar and Grill
Operating Hours & Seasons
April through November hours are 6:30am until 10:30pm
Off season and hunting information can be viewed here