Briggs Woods Park and Golf Course
Golf: 18-hole golf course with clubhouse and proshop www.briggswoods.com
Camping: We have 81 sites available for camping at Briggs Woods. From tent camping near the river to accommodations for the large RV units. There are 30 full hook sites with water, sewer and electricity. Full hook up electrical sites are equipped with 50 amp, 30 amp and 20 amp breakers. All other sites are electrical and have 30 and 20 amp breakers with GFI outlets. A modern shower house with handicap accessibility is available. There are two odorless pit latrines available in the off season. Wifi is available within Briggs Woods Park. The lake offers swimming with a sand beach, boating with electric motor only, and fishing.
- 30 Full Hook-up sites: $25 per night
- 51 Electric sites: $20 per night
- 14 night maximum stay
- Off season rate (when water is turned off): $12 per night
Go to the "Facilities" tab above
There are six sites available for reservation PLUS a group circle area of six sites.
- There is a $5 per night additional charge for reservations
- Holiday weekends are not available for reservation; all sites are first-come first-serve.
- All other sites are on a first come first serve basis.
- Reservations must be made AT LEAST 5 DAYS IN ADVANCE
- We have a No Refund policy; however, if you need to cancel your reservation you have one opportunity to reschedule.
You may hold a site by placing a sleeping unit such as a car, tent, or camper and pay for the site each night. Sites allow up to 6 people per unit. We do not allow to double up sites. An extra tent can be erected on the same site as another camping unit as long as the occupants are children and under the age of 16. Please contact us if you have any further questions. Enjoy your camping experience.
Dumpsters will be available from May 15 to September 15 at the campgrounds only. Before and after these dates, the carry-in-carry-out policy will be enforced.
CABINS AND SHELTERS - For reservations open the Facilities tab - Cabins are available all year long.
Trails: There are numerous walking and hiking trails throughout the rugged timber and prairie remnants in the park. We also have a 10 foot wide concrete multi-recreational trail designed for easy access. This trail winds through some timber areas and follows most of the lake on one side and continues all the way into Webster City making the paved trail just 5.7 miles.
Things to do while you're here!
2015 Activity Guide
We are located at 2490 Briggs Woods Trail in Hamilton County, Iowa, two and one-half miles south of Webster City off of Highway 17. The park is 550 acres and is ideally located, with convenient access to all parts of Hamilton County as well as adjacent counties. Highway 20 offers clear access to the east and west, while Interstate 35 is located about 12 miles east of highway 17.
The Johnson Addition to Briggs Woods Park, located 1.5 miles southeast of Webster City on 238th Street, is 60 acres of riparian woodland, reconstructed prairie and remnant bur oak savanna. The 17 acre reconstructed prairie serves as a production site for local ecotype seed that is used on other Natural Resource Areas. Magnificent open-grown bur oak trees intermingled with prairie grasses and wildflowers can be found on the savanna. Nature observers will experience a wide diversity of habitat types in close proximity. Refuge - no hunting allowed.
View Larger Map
- 3 Shelters
- 5.7 mile paved walking trail connecting Briggs Woods Park to Webster City
- 85 Camping sites with 30 full hook-up
- 18 hole Golf Course
Operating Hours & Seasons
- Park Hours: 5:00 am to 10:30 pm
- Camping check-in: 2:00 pm
- Camping check-out: 3:00 pm
- Main gate closes at 10:30 PM. Gates are not locked.
- All non-registered campers (visitors) shall exit the area by 10:30 PM
- Campground quiet hours are 10:30 PM - 5:00 AM
NOTES ON USE OF CAMPGROUND IN "OFF-SEASON":
- The campground may be opened prior to April 1 or closed after October 31 pending favorable weather & ground conditions.
- Water and modern restrooms/shower facilities may be closed to prevent freezing even though the campground may remain open.
- Online reservations will not be taken for the "off-season" period, campers will need to utilize the on-site self-registration system and pay the required fee.