Can I reserve a camping site?
Campsites are on a first come, first served basis
. If you would like to make sure you can get a spot on a specific weekend, we suggest that you come early in the week (Monday or Tuesday) and pay for a site through the weekend to ensure you get the desired campsite.
Reserving a Facility
How do I reserve a Cabin or Shelter?
· Shelters can be reserved starting January 1st of each year.
· HCCB has 4 shelter houses available for rent for only $20/day. These shelters are located at Concord Park, Eagle Lake State Park, Crystal Lake Park and Eldred Sherwood Park.
· If, for some reason, you need to cancel your shelter reservation after you have paid for the shelter rental, the rental fee will not be returned for any reason.
· For shelter reservations you can call the HCCB at 641-923-2720.
· Cabins are available for reservation up to one year in advance. Weather permitting, these cabins are available for rent from April 15 to November 15th by reservation.
· Crystal Lake Cabins Reservations can be made by calling 641-923-2720 or EMAIL the Hancock County Conservation Board with your contact information and the dates you would like to reserve a cabin.
· If the dates you request are available, HCCB will send you a Cabin Reservation Request Form and Responsibility Agreement. This agreement must be completed and returned by the deadline or your requested dates will be considered available. The rental fee and damage deposit must also accompany your reservation agreement.
· HCCB will mail you a Reservation Confirmation Agreement. Your reservation is not completed until you receive this form!
Crystal Lake Cabin Rental General Policies
· Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day (minimum 3 night reservation)
· The minimum length of stay required for all weekday and non-holiday weekend rentals is 2 nights
All rentals will also be charged a state required 5% motel tax:
· Sunday through Thursday (non-holidays): $50.00/night*** If a cabin is rented for three consecutive nights, beginning Sunday or Monday, you will receive a 4th night stay at no additional charge (weekends and holidays excluded)
· Friday and Saturday (non-holidays): $70.00/night
· Holidays (3 night minimum stay): $80.00/night
· Weekly Rental (excluding Holidays): $350.00/week
· A $100.00 damage deposit is required for each cabin reservation.
Your damage deposit will be destroyed if:
· You cancel your reservation
· the cabin is vacated in good, clean condition and equipment and furnishings are not lost or damaged
· due to circumstances beyond HCCB's control (i.e. fire, natural disasters, damaged facility)
· After your stay in completed, HCCB Staff will perform a routine inspection on the cabin(s) you rented. If you do not receive a phone call from HCCB within 1 (one) month after your stay, then HCCB will destroy your damage deposit check(s).
Check In & Check Out Times
· Check In: 4:00 P.M.Check Out: 12:00 P.M.
· One tent is allowed outside of the cabins for each cabin rented. There is an additional charge of $15/night for tent campers. To register a tent at your cabin, go to the campground registration building located near the park entrance.
Cabin Cancellation & Refund Policies
· Consider this policies to purchasing a reservation. The cancellation and refund policies can be viewed under the related items section.
There is absolutely no smoking or pets allowed inside of the Crystal Lake Cabins.