Black Walnut camping cabin is located on a hilltop on the east side of Willow Lake overlooking the water and is a one room facility with a double bed, a set of bunk beds and a futon that converts to a double bed. Maximum sleeping capacity is 6 people (two per double bed and futon). Included is a microwave, small refrigerator, folding table, heat and air conditioning, mop and broom. A picnic table, campfire ring, charcoal grill and water hydrant are provided outside. A unisex latrine is located near the cabin. Modern flush toilets and showers are located in the adjoining campground and can be used by renters. (Shower houses open April 1st-October 31st). Renter supplies bedding and pillows, bath and dish towels, soap and toiletries, cooking and eating dishes and utensils. Other items renters may want to bring include lawn chair, flashlight and games. No out-of-county firewood is allowed, but can be purchased from the park ranger on duty, office or camp host.
Located six miles west of Woodbine, Iowa, at the Willow Lake Recreation Area. Camping cabins are located on a hilltop on the east side of Willow Lake overlooking the water.
- heat & air conditioning
- small refrigerator
- campfire ring
- campfire grill
- picnic table
- no-freeze water hydrant
- unisex latrine
- double bed
- double futon
- set of single bunk beds
- firewood available for purchase (NO OUT-OF-COUNTY FIREWOOD PERMITTED)
- bedding & pillows
- bath & dish towels
- soap & toiletries
- coffee maker, cookware, outdoor cooking stove
- table service, dishes, bowls, glasses or mugs
Black Walnut is available by reservation online and may be reserved up to two years in advance.
- $55.00 per night, April 1st-December 31st
- two-night minimum for Friday & Saturday
- three-night minimum for Memorial Day Weekend, 4th of July, and Labor Day Weekend
- $330.00 full week (7 consecutive days =1 night free)
Hours of Operation & Seasons
- Black Walnut is available for reservation April 1st-December 31st
- reservations may be made up to two years in advance
- check-in time is after 4:00 pm on the day of arrival
- check-out time is before 12:00 pm on the day of departure
- quiet hours are 10:30 p.m.-6:00 a.m.
- non-registered guests must leave by 10:30 p.m.
- no one under the age of 21 is allowed to occupy a cabin unless that minor is accompanied by a parent or legal guardian, 21 years or older
- no camping trailers or tents may be at the cabins; please use the campground
Closed January 1st-March 31st
- smoking is prohibited
- pets are prohibited
- keg beer is prohibited