How long can I camp in a Linn County Campground?
You can stay in one Linn County Campground for a maximum of 14 days out of any 21 day period. After that, we would ask that you move to one of our other fine campgrounds.
Registering for an Event
I registered my child for a day camp, can I cancel it?
If you need to add, cancel, or change day camps, contact Wickiup Hill at 892-6485.
Summer camp reservations cancelled more than 10 days prior to the start of a camp will receive 20% of the fee back. Reservations cancelled less than 10 days prior to the first day of a camp are nonrefundable.
Transfers from one camp to another may be made with no penalty, provided class limits permit. Camps cancelled by Wickiup Hill staff will be fully refunded.
Reserving a Facility
I can't reserve a facility, what should I do?
If you are having trouble reserving a facility, make sure you have an account and are logged in. If you continue to have problems, please email us firstname.lastname@example.org
or call us 319-892-6450.
If I can't reserve a campsite online, how do I do it?
Most of the campsites available in Linn County Parks are non-reservable in advance. There are some exceptions. Pinicon Ridge Group Camp, Morgan Creek Group Camp, and Squaw Creek A Loop are reservable in advance through MyCountyParks.com. There are additional fees for reserving campsites in advance.
For all other campsites, the following reservation rules apply:
First Come – First Serve
1) Campsites cannot be reserved or held for others.
2) A camping unit must occupy the campsite when registering for a campsite.
3) A camping party can only register for their own campsite.
What if I need to make a change to my reservation?
In order to make any modification to an existing reservation, the request must be two weeks prior to the original date. If the request is a date change, the new date must be within six months of the existing date. A date change must be used for the same type of facility in a Linn County Park. All reservation modifications must be made by calling the Conservation Office at (319) 892-6450. Any modifications to an existing reservation will be assessed a $25 administrative fee.
What do I have to do to clean up a facility?
Please note the following when cleaning a facility you've reserved:
- All directional signs must be placed on stakes/supports. They cannot be attached to any park or highway signs/posts.
- The entire floor should be swept - dirt or spills should be mopped up.
- Wipe down all appliances, sinks, counters.
- Make sure all items you brought in are removed from the facility (appliances, cupboards, draws, etc).
- Place tables and chairs on cart and return to storage room.
- Close all windows and doors.
- Shut off ceiling fans.
- Empty refuse containers from restrooms into bags; pick up all outside litter. Park staff will remove 5 bags of trash. If additional bags are left, there a $2.00/bag charge that will be held from the deposit.
- Shut doors to any fireplaces and let the fire burn itself out (do not use water on the fire).
- Do not throw or use rice, confetti, or bird seed.
- Please having building cleaned and vacated by the appropriate closing time.
What is the cancellation policy?
Please consider this policy prior to purchasing your facility reservation. SHOULD YOU CHOOSE TO CANCEL A RESERVATION, YOU WILL FORFEIT 100% OF ALL RESERVATION FEES PAID. ALL cancellations or requests for refunds cannot be done online and must be made by calling the Conservation Office at (319) 892-6450. Any modifications to an existing reservation will be assessed a $25 administrative fee.
Please understand at the time of booking your reservation that you immediately prohibit other people from reserving & utilizing that facility - they therefore go elsewhere to locate a facility for that date. However, if you need to cancel your reservation you have one opportunity to reschedule within that calendar year with no guarantees. Any modifications to an existing reservation will be assessed a $25 administrative fee.
We will observe a NON-REFUNDABLE reservation fee policy with the following exceptions:
· Accident, serious injury or death of an immediate family member
· Military deployment or change in orders, with proper documentation
· Travel conditions where a substantial risk is required in order to travel such as a winter storm where a travel advisory has been issued
· We are unable to provide your facility (or like facility) in operable condition for the date of your event
ALL requests for refunds cannot be done online and must be made by calling the Conservation Office at 319-892-6450.