Horseshoe Falls Lodge opened in 1995, becoming the second enclosed lodge facility in Pinicon Ridge Park - joining the 1966 Woodpecker Lodge on Woodpecker Hill. It was built by Conservation Department staff, and is located in the former Horseshoe Falls Campground that was closed in the early 1990s. The name of the lodge comes from the nearby small waterfall along the Woodpecker Trail. A small limestone outcropping with a vertical drop of 4 feet or so received it's name from the local inhabitants in the mid-1900s as they would give tours of the scenic wooded hills and valleys along the Wapsipinicon River, passing by this diminutive waterfall on their travels.
Horseshoe Falls Lodge is located on Woodpecker Hill, just up the hill from the Riverside Shelter and playground complex, and below the location of the landmark Observation Tower. From Hwy. 13, enter the park via the southern entrance on Horseshoe Falls Road off of main Main Ridge Road. Follow the signs to Woodpecker Hill - turning left off the main park road approximately one mile into the park.
- 1654 total sq. feet of covered space
- Main lodge area of 1270 sq. feet
- Attached covered deck has 384 sq. feet
- Seating for 75 people banquet style
- Sheltered capacity - 125 people; Fair weather capacity - 175 people (parking may be an issue)
- 120 folding chairs (brown), fifteen 8' X 30" folding tables; two 4' X 30" folding tables (stored on carts in lodge)
- Full kitchen facilities including: full-sized refrigerator, 4-burner electric range w/oven, double sink w/disposal, large amount of counter space and 4' wide serving window w/countertop, cabinets for out-of-sight storage
- Lodge is heated. It is not air conditioned, but ceiling fans provide for good ventilation.
- 30 amp, GFI double outlets in kitchen area; 30 amp double outlets in main lodge
- Parking for 55 cars w/ 2 handicapped spaces Interior men & women's restrooms
- Large fireplace on end wall of main lodge space w/some firewood available
- Chilled drinking fountain
- No land-line telephone service is available
- Catering and service entrance with two outdoor cooking grills adjacent; two outdoor water spigots
- Four picnic tables on deck/patio
- Exterior concrete patio at main entrance extends use area; 4 refuse cans available at lodge
- Downhill sledding facility ¼ mile (lighted)
- This is an ADA accessible facility
- SUPPLIES PROVIDED: Toilet tissue, brooms & dustpan, mop & bucket, sponge
$225/day weekends & holidays; $110/day weekday.
For all fee and discount information, click here.
Hours of Operation & Seasons
Horseshoe Falls Lodge is available for reservations 7:00 AM to 10:00 PM daily on a year round basis.
Horseshoe Falls Lodge is closed on December 24, 25, 31 and January 1.