Red Cedar Lodge, located in Squaw Creek Park, was originally constructed in 1975 to be used as a ski lodge in the winter - supporting the adjacent lighted ski hill operation at the time. The ski hill operation ceased in the early 1980s, and the lodge has been on our year-round reservation schedule ever since. In 2016, the old lodge was replaced with facility you see today. It is extremely popular for graduation events, family gatherings, smaller, intimate weddings & wedding receptions, corporate gatherings, etc.
Find out more about the new Red Cedar Lodge by clicking here
Red Cedar Lodge is located in Squaw Creek Park. The address is 1700 Big Bluestem Dr. Marion
- 3846 total sq. feet of lodge space - main room is 1953 sq ft
- Banquet style seating - 120 people
Sheltered capacity: 150 people
- Fair weather capacity – indoor and outdoor - 200 people
- Business style meeting with tables – theater style - 60-75
- 175 folding chairs (brown), 24 30" x 8 ft tables, 2 30" x 4 ft tables
- Full kitchen facilities including: commercial-sized refrigerator, 4-burner electric range w/oven, double sink, and window to serving counter.
- Bi-level serving counter with 7 electrical outlets
- 10 30 amp, GFI double outlets in kitchen area
- 9 20 amp double outlets in main lodge
- 10 30 amp outdoor electrical outlets
- Parking for 150 cars, 4 handicapped spaces
- Interior restrooms (men & women), and men's and women's changing rooms
- Gas fireplace situated against the South wall
- Covered drive through entryway
- Interior has stone highlights
- NO land-line telephone service available
- Catering and service entrance with two double outdoor cooking grills adjacent, gravel pad for larger smokers and grills.
- Large, 3100 sq. ft. exterior concrete patio with ten 7’ picnic tables
- Horseshoe courts (horseshoes available upon request)
- Downhill sledding facility adjacent (lighted)
- This is an ADA accessible facility
- Donald Gardner Golf Course is 2 miles away (operated by the city of Cedar Rapids)
- Campground approximately 1 mile away
Toilet tissue & assorted cleaning supplies
Broom, dustpan & mop and sponge
Table with chairs
$450/day weekends & holidays; $250/day weekday.
Hours of Operation & Seasons
Red Cedar Lodge is available for reservations 7:00 AM to 10:00 PM daily year round.
Red Cedar Lodge is closed on December 24, 25, 31 and January 1.
Keg Permit is $25.00. Certain activities or items require that you request and obtain a special use permit from the Park Ranger in advance of your event. These include (but are not limited) to the following: horses (or horse activities), erection of tents, inflatable play equipment, hog roasts, carnival-type activities, etc. Please contact 319-892-6450 for additional information.