This rustic cabin provides a perfect family get away in a gorgeous Loess Hills setting. Camping cabins sleep up to five people and provide heating and air conditioning, electricity, refrigerator, microwave oven, table and chairs. Just outside each cabin, is a water hydrant, picnic table, fire ring and grill.
- Campground quiet hours:10:00 pm to 6:00 am
- Two vehicles per cabin
- Keg beer prohibited
- Pets are not allowed inside the cabin. Failure to abide by this regulation may result in a $75 fine and/or cleaning fee.
- No Smoking in cabins
Please Understand at the time of booking your reservation that you immediately prohibit other people from reserving and utilizing that facility - they therefore go elsewhere to locate a facility for that date. We will observe a NON-REFUNDABLE RESERVATION policy with the following exceptions:
- Accident, serious injury or death of an immediate family member
- Travel conditions where a substantial risk is required in order to travel such as a winter storm where a traffic advisory has been issued
- We are unable to provide your facility (or like facility) in operable condition for the date of your event.
PLEASE NOTE: The Hitchcock
Nature Center campground and cabins are open year-round but the water in the
campground is turned off and the dump-station is closed during the winter months. Primitive restrooms are available for use in
the campground. Please plan your visit
accordingly. We recommend contacting the
campground office directly to confirm water availability between October 15th
and April 1st. No refunds
will be granted for reservations cancelled due to lack of water.
ALL cancellations or requests for refunds for the reasons above cannot be done online and must be made by calling the Park Office at 712-328-5833
PARK CONTACT INFORMATION:
Hitchcock Nature Center
27792 Ski Hill Loop
Honey Creek, IA 51542
PHONE: (712) 545-3283
Hitchcock Nature Center is located in Honey Creek, IA just 20 minutes from Council Bluffs, IA and downtown Omaha, NE. Follow Interstate 29 to exit 61A. Turn north on the Old Lincoln Hwy and follow it 5 miles to Page Lane. Follow signs to park entrance.
Our one room cabins are 256 square feet and 16'x16'. The cabins sleep up to five and provide heating & air conditioning, electricity, refrigerator, a microwave oven, table, and chairs. Just outside each cabin you will find a water hydrant, picnic table, fire ring, and grill. Restrooms and our modern shower house are within walking distance.
What do I need to bring? Bedding Pillows Towels Cooking supplies Charcoal Coffee maker Alarm clock Radio Lawn chairs
Table with chairs
- Minimum of two consecutive nights rental on weekends, three consecutive nights for holiday weekends
- Maximum stay of 14 days
- Cabin rental must be in the name of a person 21 years of age or older who will be present at the facility for the full term of the reservation
- This overnight fee includes a 5% statewide Hotel/Motel Consumer's Use Tax imposed on the rental of recreational cabins
- This overnight fee includes a 3% credit card processing fee
- Firewood for sale to campers and cabin renters, $3 for 10 pieces of wood
Hours of Operation & Seasons
Camping Cabins are available for rental throughout the year. Water is turned off during the winter season. We recommend contacting the campground office directly to confirm water availability between October 15th and April 1st. No refunds will be granted for reservations cancelled due to lack of water.
Trails and Main Park Hours: 6am to 10pm
Trails close for five days in December for the first weekend of shotgun season.