Tama County Conservation is located in central Iowa and is home to Otter Creek Lake & Park, and the Tama County Nature Center. The Tama CCB manages 14 parks, water recreation accesses, and natural areas about the county, encompassing some 965 acres. The Tama County Nature Center is located at Otter Creek Lake and Park. The 5,600 sq. ft. facility is a work in progress as construction has been phased over the past fifteen years. The facility has been made possible through use of non-property tax revenues including grants, donations and fundraisers.
For additional information about the programs, services and facilities offered by the Tama CCB, please utilize the following contact information:
TAMA COUNTY CONSERVATION
2283 Park Road
Toledo, IA 52342
PHONE: (641) 484-2231
FAX: (641) 484-2231
EMAIL: Contact Tama CCB
WEBSITE: Go to Tama County Conservation
Activities in Tama County
Visitors to Tama County parks enjoy all sorts of great activities within their parks.
Here is just a sampling:
- Camping areas for both RVs and tents
- Fishing- both lake and river access
- Beach swimming - Otter Creek Lake
- Boating- access to the Iowa River and Otter Creek Lake. Great for small boats, kayaks, and canoes.
- Hiking & biking Trails
- Public hunting access on two facilities
Facilities in Tama County
Parks managed by the Tama County Conservation Board offer many fine facilities to enhance your outdoor recreational activities:
- 70 RV and 20 tent camping sites at two parks
- 70 acre lake providing easy access for fishing, swimming, and boating
- 3 Seasonal open air picnic shelters
- Tables to accomodate 400 people while picnicking
- Shooting range
- 10 miles of trails
- 5 Boat Ramps for access to Otter Creek Lake and the Iowa River
- 260 acres available for public hunting
- 3 playgrounds
- Swimming beach
- Tama County Nature Center available to rent for different functions
- And much, much more!