Snyder Bend Park
This 34-acre area is located one mile south of Bigelow Park near Salix. Snyder Bend Park Lake is an oxbow of the Missouri River, formed in the early 1960's when the river was channelized.
The lake has been stocked with walleye fingerlings for the past six years, a cooperative project with the River City Anglers of Siouxland. Other popular game fish include largemouth bass, northern pike, bluegill, crappie, catfish, and perch.
This 34-acre area is located one mile south of Bigelow Park near Salix. Snyder Bend Lake is an oxbow of the Missouri River, formed in the early 1960's when the river was channelized.
Snyder Bend Park Office:
2924 Snyder Bend Road
Salix, IA 51052
GOOGLE MAP LOCATION
On-site facilities include:
- electrical campsites (fee charged)
- tent or non-electrical campsites (fee charged)
- shower house with flush toilets and hot water
- open picnic shelter
- recreational play area
- picnic sites
- boat ramp and parking area
- canoeing and boating
- handicap accessible fishing dock
- year-round fishing
- half mile paved, multi-use trail
- waterfowl observation deck
- winter activities include: ice-fishing, cross-country skiing, and snowmobiling (restricted to ice only)
A wildlife refuge has been established at Snyder Bend and no disturbance or human traffic is allowed on the refuge between September 10 and December 25.
Operating Hours & Seasons
Park facilities are open May 1 through October 31.
Park facilities (cabins) are open and pressurized water systems are available May 1 through October 31.
Campsites are available on a first-come, first-served basis and feature self-registration.
Firewood is available from the park officer for a nominal fee.
~ $15/day - Non Electrical Sites
~ $20/day - Electrical & Water Sites
~ $6/bundle - Firewood