Can we camp in winter?
Camping is allowed year round at accessible camp sites. Restrooms and fish cleaning stations are winterized and shut down as well as the water turned off from mid October to mid April. There is minimal snow removal so plan accordingly. Winter rates apply during this time... first come, first serve self check-in at $12 per nite or one coupon for two nights for any accessible site.
We have 6 cabins open year round also.
Where is the campground?
Two campgrounds are located on the south side of the lake ... east of Hwy 148 onto 183rd St:
Timber Ridge Campground is located north of 183rd St on Juniper Ave. ON-LINE RESERVATIONS TAKEN FOR THIS CAMPGROUND ONLY. First Come, First Serve for all unreserved sites.
Lake View Campground and Cabins is located north of 183rd St on Kale Ave. ALL SITES ARE FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE. No campsite reservations taken for this campground. Cabins are reserved on-line.
We have 49 Full Service (sewer, water, electric), 23 electric/water sites, 58 electric sites and 24 non-electric tent sites.
Why do I have trouble navigating this website?
Try changing your browser to Firefox or Chrome. Internet Explorer has trouble on this site at times.
How do I set up a user account with My County Parks?
Go to mycountyparks.com
1) Click on the "Login" link at the top right corner.
2) "Create an Account" on the right side of screen
3) Enter a username: your first and last, ie JohnDoe, or whatever you want.
4) Enter a password: your first 3 of last name and last 4 of phone #, ie Doe1234, or whatever you want as long as there is one upper case letter, one lower case letter, one number and it is between 6-8 characters long.
5) Enter all personal info with a red asterisk.
6) Select the county (Adams).
7) Check or uncheck the box to receive e-updates.
8) Click Create Account.
Where do I park in the campground?
Parking is in designated parking lots or on your camping pad with 2 wheels on the gravel of your site pad. NO
parking on or along the roadways or solely on the grass of your site in the campgrounds. Boat trailers ONLY
may be parked in the grass at your site. Visitor and extra parking is available throughout the park.
Reserving a Facility
How do I get a list of available facilities for a specific date?
1) Click on the "Make Reservations" tab at the top of the Home page.
2) Click on the "Cabins", "Camping", "Shelter" for whatever you are looking for.
3) Click any or all arrows needed in the search area on the left and choose the options you need. Don't forget to put in dates you want.
4) Available Facilities will show up on the right.
How do I pay for reservations?
Full payment is due when making a reservation with these credit cards only: Visa, Mastercard, Discover or American Express.
When can I make reservations?
Anytime day or night on this website. Cabins can be reserved 2 years in advance. Camp sites and Shelters can be reserved 1 year in advance. On-line reservations must be made a minimum of 5 days
prior to arrival for camping and 3 days prior to arrival for our cabins and shelters. Call the office for openings within the 3 or 5 day window.
How do I make a reservation?
You must have a user account and be logged in.
1) From the Home Page go to "Counties" at the top (choose Adams). There are several ways to get to the facilities you are needing to reserve, this is the quickest...
2) Click "Facilities" on the left, choose the facility from the list.
3) Click "View Booking Details" on the right.
4) Click "Book Now"
5) Click the dates on the calendar you would like.
6) Click "Add to Cart".
7) Click "Check Out" after you have made sure this is what you want or "Continue Shopping", you may add as many facilities needed to your cart before you check out. Facilities are not locked in as yours until they are paid for at check out.
8) Enter all information required into the boxes.
9) Read the Rental Agreement and check the boxes provided.
10) Click "Submit" and print a copy for your records, bring it with you when you arrive at facility.
How do I cancel a reservation?
You must call the Office at 641-322-4793 during business hours (Monday-Friday 7:30AM to 3:30PM) All facility reservations are final, you will forfeit all reservation fees paid as per "Rental Agreement"
Where are the keys to my cabin?
There are 3 Cabin Key Stations in the Campground. Find the self check-in padlock key station near the parking closest to your cabin, find your cabin# and use your Lock Box Code on your reservation receipt to unlock the padlock to retrieve your keys. Please leave one key in the box at all times. Call the Park Office if you loose any of your keys. You may be charged a fee up to $100 for willful damage, theft or loss of keys.
In the off season your cabin will be unlocked and the cabin keys will be inside the cabin for your check-in arrival.
Can I drive my golf cart in the park?
Golf cart, UTV and ATV use is prohibited. Only licensed vehicles are allowed on roadways.
Are pets allowed?
Lake Icaria is a pet friendly environment...
Pets are NOT allowed in restrooms. Please, for the safety of your pet and others, keep ALL pets tethered or kenneled at ALL
times. Be a responsible pet owner and considerate of others by keeping
pets quiet and mannerly as well as cleaning up after them. Failure to
comply will result in request to remove pet from the area.
Persons with severe allergies should be aware that pets are allowed in cabins. An additional pet fee of $10 per night per cabin (no refunds) can be paid for when making your reservation by checking the appropriate box or will be collected by park staff after you have arrived.