Hannen Lake Park
Located in beautiful southern Benton County (Southwest of Blairstown), Hannen Park is a wonderful get-away to spend a day fishing and swimming or an ideal location for your next vacation. Nestled on 180 acres, Hannen Park is surrounded by a 50 acre lake, and is recognized as the first county conservation built (man-made) lake in the state of Iowa.
Recently acquired adjacent property:
BCCB recently acquired 40 adjacent acres to Hannen Park through a generous donation and a grant from the Iowa Natural Heritage Foundation
RV Friendly Campground!
Easy access and large footprint.
1949 Benton Iowa Rd
Blairstown, IA 52209
Find us in East-Central Iowa:
From Cedar Rapids: ~30 miles W
From Des Moines: ~55 miles E
US-30: ~8 miles S (near Blairstown)
I-80: ~12 miles N
Iowa DNR Fish & Fishing webpage
- 180 acre park (rolling hills, tree-lined trails, and prairie and wetland restoration projects in progress)
- 96 Campsites (with electric)
- Shower facilities (hot/cold water)
- Rustic Cabin
- 50 acre fishing/boating lake
- Boat ramp
- Fishing (Iowa DNR color contour map of Hannen Lake (pdf): Map)
- Fishing piers and jetties (shoreline fishing) - piers are ADA accessible.
- Swimming beach (no lifeguard on duty)
- Picnic areas
: DNR Link
Park Ranger - Logan Hahn