Dawson Depot

Dawson Depot Restored
Dawson Depot Restored
Before Restoration
Old Dawson Depot

The Depot in Dawson, which was built in 1889, is one of the few surviving Milwaukee Depots, possessing almost all of its original integrity. Located directly on the old rail line it is now restored and repurposed as a trail head for the 89 mile paved Raccoon River Valley Trail.

The former waiting room area has been developed into a restroom and rest area with a space for concessions. Interpretive displays of the area are displayed in the former baggage room.


Location

Directions: From Highway 141, turn north on D Ave.  Go approximately .5 mile. The Depot will be on the right.

Dawson Depot
307 Railroad Ave.
Dawson, Iowa

Features

Modern restrooms and water fountain are available daily April 1 - October 31
8:00 am - 10:00 p.m

Closures

The restrooms are closed and water turned off from November 1 - March 31.

Dallas County Conservation Board
14581 K Ave. 
Perry, Iowa 50220 
Phone: 515-465-3577
FAX 515-465-3579
Office Hours: M-F 8:00am - 4:30pm
Email: conservation@dallascountyiowa.gov
Website: www.dallascountyiowa.gov/conservation

Related Items