Horseshoe Bend Recreational Area
Size: 180 acres
Established: October of 1971
Horseshoe Bend Features
- Picnic area with shelter houses, available for rent
- Modern restroom facilities
- Winter sports area with skiing & tubing facilities, lifts, lodge & modern restroom facilities
- Mowed trails throughout area used for hiking, horseback riding, snowmobiling, and cross-country skiing
- Twelve primitive camping sites
- Canoe launch on the Little Sioux River
- Fishing on the Little Sioux River
Natural Description: Dissected by Little Sioux River, wide variety of terrain including lowland
and upland forest, meadow, marsh, prairie and river
For a short video preview of the park CLICK HERE
Operating Hours & Seasons
Winter Sports Facility and Tubing hill open Christmas break and every weekend after, weather permitting.
Warming house shelter and Horseshoe Bend shelters available for rental.
Usage fees for Sledding and Ski Hill
DAY PASS - $8.00 per person (per day) will be charged for hill usage
FAMILY SEASON PASS - $75.00 will be charged for a season pass which will cover hill usage for the immediate family members.
The tubing and skiing facilities will be available for private groups on days the facility is not open to the public at a rate of $125.00 for the first 2 hours and $60.00 for each additional hour plus $3.00 per person for hill usage. Arrangements are required to be made at least 7 days prior to the event.
For information about sledding hill conditions and operation hours call (712) 338-4786 ext. 3
For warming house rentals and shelter rentals call (712) 338-4786 ext. 5
or email at email@example.com