Horseshoe Bend Recreational Area
Size: 180 acres
Established: October of 1971
Horseshoe Bend Features
- Picnic area with shelter houses, available for rent
- Modern restroom facilities
- Winter sports area with skiing & tubing facilities, lift, lodge & modern restroom facilities
- Mowed trails throughout area used for hiking, horseback riding, snowmobiling, and cross-country skiing
- Twelve primitive camping sites
- Canoe launch on the Little Sioux River near 2372 190th Ave.
- Fishing on the Little Sioux River
Natural Description: Dissected by Little Sioux River, wide variety of terrain including lowland
and upland forest, meadow, marsh, prairie and river
For a short video preview of the park CLICK HERE
Operating Hours & Seasons
Winter Sports Facility and Tubing hill open Christmas break and every weekend after, weather permitting. To get the latest weather conditions and to see if we are open, visit our website
or Facebook page
Warming house shelter and Horseshoe Bend shelters available for rental.
Usage fees for Sledding Hill
DAY PASS - $10 per person
INDIVIDUAL SEASON PASS - $45
The tubing and skiing facilities will be available for private groups on days the facility is not open to the public at a rate of $125 for the first two hours and $60 for each additional hour plus the regular $10 per person charge for hill usage. Arrangements are required to be made at least seven days prior to the event. Non-profit rates are available upon inquiry.
For information about sledding hill conditions, warming house rentals and shelter rentals, call (712) 338-4786
or e-mail at email@example.com