Lake Meyer Park and Campground
This 160-acre park is the site of Lake Meyer Campground, the Lake Meyer Nature Center, and the Winneshiek County Conservation Board headquarters. The lake covers 38 acres and offers opportunities for fishing, boating, and canoeing or kayaking. A network of trails offers hiking, and picnic shelters and a playground make it the perfect spot for family gatherings and events.
Lake Meyer Park and Campground are located in northeast Iowa off of Highway 24, between Calmar and Fort Atkinson.
Camping at Lake Meyer
- Fishing: bank, boat, handicap-accessible dock, fishing jetty, & ice fishing
- Boating (electric motors only)
- Flush and Pit Toilets
- Picnic Shelters
- Ball Diamond
- Cross-country skiing
- Nature Center
- No Swimming
- Fees: $15/night electric, $10/night non-electric
- No reservations. first cme, first served
- Ammenities: Dump station, flush toilets, showers, drinking water, picnic tables
Operating Hours & Seasons
Lake Meyer Park
Daily, 6:00 am - 10:30 pm
Winneshiek County Conservation Board
8:00 AM - 4:00 PM (by appointment)
Lake Meyer Campground is general open from April through October, depending on weather. Lake Meyer Park is open year round, though road access to the Nature Center is not always maintained in the winter. Road access to the lake for ice fishing is maintained throughout the winter.