Grand Army of the Republic (G.A.R.) Building

Renovated GAR Building
Renovated GAR Building
GAR renovation

Originally constructed in the 1880s for use by members of the Marshall Post of the Grand Army of the Republic, the Redfield GAR building went through several use changes before being donated to the Dallas County Conservation Board. It has since been restored and turned into a museum. 



Grand Army of the Republic
1213 Thomas St.
Redfield, IA
From Hwy.6, go north into Redfield on 1st St.(P46). Turn right (east) on Thomas.
The G.A.R. building is in the first block of Thomas St., left (north) side


A museum occupies the ground floor and the Post Meeting Room the second floor. 

Operating Hours & Seasons

The lower floor is open to the public on selected weekend and holidays during the regular season and by appointment at other times.

Dallas County Conservation Board
14581 K Ave.
Perry, Iowa 50220 
Phone: 515-465-3577
FAX 515-465-3579
Office Hours: M-F 8:00am - 4:30pm