Black Hawk Park is named after Chief Black Hawk of the Sauk Indian tribe. He was a very successful leader and displayed a great love of nature. Black Hawk Park was the first park acquired by the Black Hawk County Conservation Board. The first portion of the park, 325 acres, was acquired in 1957. The park is now one of the largest county parks in Iowa. The park's 1,490 acres form a greenbelt called the Cedar River Wildlife Area from Cedar Falls to Cedar-Wapsi Rd. Bridge, four miles north.
Black Hawk Park
2410 West Lone Tree Road
Cedar Falls, IA 50613
(319) 433-PARK (7275)
The entrance to the park is located at 2410 West Lone Tree Road; 2 miles west of Hwy 218, in northern Cedar Falls. The park is 4 miles south of the State Trap Shoot Gun Club; 7 miles north of the UNI-Dome (University of Northern Iowa) and 19 miles south of the Horse Sale Barns in Waverly.
There are two campgrounds available for use, the Fogdall Campground & the Cedar Campground. There are 21 full hook-up sites (Fogdall) & 176 electrical services. We do not take reservations for these campgrounds, they are first come, first serve. There are 4 shelters that are available to be reserved.
Operating Hours & Seasons
Black Hawk Park is open all year round, weather permitting, from 6:00 AM - 10:30 PM.
Call park office for current closings due to flooding or severe weather.