- NEW Winter rates for three Modern Cabins starting January 1 thru March 31, 2014. Rates listed with each cabin. Use the "Promotion" tab to receive rate.
- Follow us on Facebook!
- Water is off for the season - no shower facility or water at the full hookup sites.
- We are taking reservations for the TWO NEW CABINS at Little Wall Lake - Lakeview (15 person cabin) or Sunset (8 person)
- Hunter Safety Education
The Hamilton County Conservation is located in central Iowa and manages 16 individual parks, wildlife areas, and river accesses - collectively encompassing over 1,700 acres. In addition, several major creeks and the Boone River flow through the county providing numerous water recreation opportunities. Briggs Woods Park was the second county park in Iowa - with land donated to the people of Hamilton County in 1919....preceding the state park system by one year.
An 18-hole golf course is located at Briggs Woods Park http://www.briggswoods.com/
Office Hours: 8:30 am to 5:00 pm - Monday thru Friday
**November thru February closed on Wednesday
CAMPING RESERVATIONS - Go to the "Facilities" tab above
Briggs Woods and Little Wall Lake campgrounds each have 6 designated sites available for reservation for the periods of April 1 through October 31 each year.
They each also have a group camping circle of 6 available for reservation; required to pay for all 6 sites.
- There is a $5 per night additional charge for reservations
- Holiday weekends are excluded from reservations.
- All other sites are first-come first-serve.
- Reservations must be made AT LEAST 5 days in advance.
- We have a No Refund policy; however, if you need to cancel your reservation you have one opportunity to reschedule within the camping season
CANCELLATION POLICY: Please consider this policy prior to purchasing your facility reservation. SHOULD YOU CHOOSE TO CANCEL A RESERVATION, YOU WILL FORFEIT 100% OF ALL RESERVATION FEES PAID. ALL cancellations or requests for refunds cannot be done online and must be made by calling the Conservation Office at (515) 832-9570.
REFUND POLICY: Please understand at the time of booking your reservation that you immediately prohibit other people from reserving & utilizing that facility - they therefore go elsewhere to locate a facility for that date.
We will observe a NON-REFUNDABLE reservation fee policy with the following exceptions:
- Accident, serious injury or death of an immediate family member
- Travel conditions where a substantial risk is required in order to travel such as a winter storm where a travel advisory has been issued
- We are unable to provide your facility (or like facility) in operable condition for the date of your event
- ALL requests for refunds cannot be done online and must be made by calling the Conservation Office at (515) 832-9570.
HAMILTON COUNTY CONSERVATION
2490 Briggs Woods Trail
Webster City, Iowa, 50595
PHONE: (515) 832-9570
FAX: (515) 832-9578
Brian Lammers, Executive Director email@example.com
Jason Gilmore, Park Officer - Little Wall Lake firstname.lastname@example.org
Scott Grimm, Park Officer - Briggs Woods Park email@example.com
Kelly Haman, Special Events / Sales & Marketing firstname.lastname@example.org
John Laird Park, Ranger/Naturalist - Bell's Mill Park email@example.com
Lori Westrum, Office Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
Activities in Hamilton CountyActivities available within Hamilton CCB areas include: camping, year round cabins, golfing, hiking, hunting, Youth Hunting Area, swimming, cross country skiing, fishing, boating, canoeing, biking, picnicking and many more!
Facilities in Hamilton CountyFacilities available within the Hamilton County Conservation managed areas include: campgrounds, cabins, golf course, canoes, shelters, trails, cross country skiing, and many more!