Little Wall Lake Park
The park and lake are used for camping, hiking, water skiing, boating, fishing, hunting, snowmobiling and many more outdoor activities. Wifi is available within Little Wall Lake Park. According to TripBlazer.com
Little Wall Lake is the 4th best lake in Iowa (#1 county park as the top three are State Parks)!
- 53 full hook-up sites (sewer, water, electric): $25 per night
- 53 water and electric sites: $22 per night
- 9 primitive tent sites: $12 per night
- 14 night maximum stay
Cabins: Three modern cabins are available for rent year round. The two-story cabin will sleep 15 and the one-story cabins will sleep 8. Check out the Cabin Tab to learn more and the Facilities Tab to make a reservation.
There are a few water hydrants scattered throughout the campgrounds. There is a modern shower house that is open during the warm months (usually mid April through mid October).
Reservations: Go to the Facilities tab.
There are 6 individual sites available for reservation and a group camping circle of 6 sites.
- There is a $5 per night additional charge for reservations
- Holiday weekends are not available for reservation; all sites are first-come first-serve.
- All other sites are on a first come first serve basis.
- Reservations must be made AT LEAST 5 DAYS IN ADVANCE
- We have a No Refund policy; however, if you need to cancel your reservation you have one opportunity to reschedule.
You may hold a site by placing a sleeping unit such as a car, tent, or camper and pay for the site each night. Sites allow up to 6 people per unit. We do not allow to double up sites. An extra tent can be erected on the same site as another camping unit as long as the occupants are children and under the age of 16. Please contact us if you have any further questions. Enjoy your camping experience.
Dumpsters will be available from May 15 to September 15 at the campgrounds only. Before and after these dates, the carry-in-carry-out policy will be enforced.
We are located at 3540 Little Wall Lake Road in Hamilton County, Iowa. This road is also Highway 69 and the park entrance is located two miles south of Jewell, Iowa. Little Wall Lake is termed a "natural lake" by the Iowa Department of Natural Resources. The lake was formed as a result of glacial movements across the area thousands of years ago. Because of the small watershed which feeds the lake, it was more of a marsh than an open body of water. Only with artificial efforts, such as dredging, has the area become a lake and not become an eventual marsh. In 1905-06 and again in 1936-41 the lake was reported to have gone dry.
View Larger Map
- Walking Trails
- 106 Camping sites
- 9 Primitive camp sites
Operating Hours & Seasons
- Camping is available all year round, however, water is shut off from November 1 thru April 1.
- Park Hours: 5:00 am to 10:30 pm
- Camping check-in: 3:00 pm
- Camping check-out: 2:00 pm
- Main gate closes at 10:30 PM. Gates are not locked.
- All non-registered campers (visitors) shall exit the area by 10:30 PM
- Campground quiet hours are 10:30 PM - 5:00 AM
NOTES ON USE OF CAMPGROUND IN "OFF-SEASON":
- The campground may be opened prior to April 1 or closed after October 31 pending favorable weather & ground conditions.
- Water and modern restrooms/shower facilities may be closed to prevent freezing even though the campground may remain open.
- Online reservations will not be taken for the "off-season" period, campers will need to utilize the on-site self-registration system and pay the required fee.