Eagle City Park (Lower)

This park is located on 172 acres of land. It has an enclosed picnic shelter, hand pump well, vault rest rooms, primitive camping, and 2 swing sets. The park was named after the town of Eagle City platted in 1878 and at one time contained a general store, post office, grist mill, saw mill, blacksmith’s shop and doctor’s office.  This area has been used for primitive camping with an upper and lower level.


This Park is located southeast of Iowa Falls. Follow County Hwy. D-15 east of Iowa Falls for 5 miles. Turn south on R Avenue- 2 miles. Turn west on 145th Street to QQ Avenue, about 1 ½ mile, turn east on 160th Street ½ mile and the entrance is located on the north side of the road on the west bank of the Iowa River.


Features: Great fall colors, beautiful hiking trails, good stream fishing, mountain biking, canoeing and public hunting.


Opens at 6:00 A.M. and closes at 10:30 P.M.