Easter Lake Park

Historic Visits at Easter Lake Park

Covered Bridge
Covered Bridge
Historic Sign
The Owens Covered Bridge is the only covered bridge in Polk County. It was originally built in 1878 over the old North River channel on a road from Martin’s Ferry to Winterset. In 1939, the road and the North River channel were relocated north of the covered bridge site leaving the old bridge without a road and river. In 1968, Polk County Conservation Board promised to restore and move the bridge, board by board, nearly eight miles to Easter Lake Park. The bridge is now restricted to foot traffic.


 The bridge is located on the southern lake shore near Shelter #1.