Skip Navigation LinksHome > Counties > Carroll > Parks > Swan Lake State Park > FAQ

Swan Lake State Park


How can I make a reservation for a campsite?

All Carroll County Conservation Campgrounds are first come, first serve. We do not accept any reservations for camping at Swan Lake State Park, Riverside Park, Great Western Park, Dickson Timber, or Richey Access campgrounds. 

RAGBRAI 2023 - Swan Lake State Park Campground

Our campgrounds are first come, first serve – we do not take any reservations for camping.

We do have 120 camper sites and the Swan Lake Campground along with plenty of tent camping.

$10 per tent without electricity

$18 per unit/tent with electricity

$20 per unit for full hookup service (water/sewer/electric)

$4 per shower

We do have two campground hosts on duty throughout the camping season (May – September) that can help with any questions when you arrive or contact our office (712) 792-4614.

Carroll County Conservation accepts cash or checks for camping.

General Questions

Are pets allowed at our facilities?

Pets are not allowed inside our facilities, including the cabins and shelter houses. They are allowed outside but need to be kenneled or leashed, no longer than 6ft., at all times. If Carroll County Conservation Staff determines pets were in the facility during your event, your security deposit will not be returned. All park users must clean up after their pets immediately.

Can we use an ATV, UTV, side by side, or golf cart in the parks?

We do not allow any type of unlicensed state motor vehicle into any of Carroll County Conservation parks. It shall be unlawful to operate any cycle, snowmobile, tote bike, air sled, swamp buggy, all-terrain vehicle, or any other land conveyance propelled by a gasoline or electrical engine and run on wheels, tracks, or runners in or on any area, except for those trails the board shall from time to time designate.

Reserving a Facility

How do I make a reservation for a cabin or shelter house?

To make a reservation for one of the following facilities contact our office at (712) 792-4614 or email

Reservation can be made ONE YEAR IN ADVANCE.

- Deer Ridge Cabin

- Bison View Cabin

- East Shelter House

- South Shelter House

- Great Western Park Shelter House

- Dickson Timber Shelter House