Skip Navigation LinksHome > Counties > Jones > Parks > Central Park > FAQ

Central Park


Can I reserve a site to camp?

All camping sites are a "first come" basis.  No reservations are made in advance for camping.

How much does it cost to camp?

Full hook up (sewer, water, electric) $18 per night.

Electric/Water $16 per night.

Electric $14 per night.

Primitive $10 per night.

General Questions

Where can I find out more about Jones County Conservation?

Visit to learn more and view maps.

Reserving a Facility

How do I reserve a cabin?

Cabins may be reserved by calling Jones County Conservation at 563-487-3541. 

How much does it cost to reserve a cabin?

Sunday - Wednesday evenings: $30 for the first night.  $25 for each additional night. 

Thursday - Saturday evenings: $35 for the first night.  $30 for each additional night.  (Two consecutive nights reservation required on weekends.)

A 10% excise/hotel/motel tax is required on your total cabin rental fee.

A $50 refundable damage deposit is required.

Can I bring a pet inside the cabin?

Pets are not allowed inside the cabins.  Only one pet is permitted per reservation group.  Pets must be on a six foot leash at all times.  Violation of this rule automatically forfeits refund of the damage deposit.  Groups with a pet kept outside are required to pick up and dispose of pet waste upon departure.

What time is check in and check out for the cabins?

Check in time is 4 pm on the date of arrival. Check out time is Noon on the date of departure.

Can I bring a tent to have outside of the cabin?

One small tent (less than six person capacity) is permitted for each cabin.  The tent must be set up within 30 feet of the reserved cabin and be at least 30 feet away from the other rental cabin.

What is inside the cabin?

Each cabin includes electricity, a ceiling fan, a futon sofa sleeper, bunk bed, table and chairs, dorm sized refrigerator, small microwave, broom and dust pan, picnic table and fire pit with grill.  Users will need to provide their own bedding, electric heater, personal items, service wear, cooking utensils and cleaning supplies.  (Cabins do not have heat or cooling units).  A shower house with bathroom is near the cabins and within walking distance.

How much does it cost to reserve the Enclosed Pavilion?

The enclosed pavilion rental fee is $45 and must be reserved in advance by calling Jones County Conservation at 563-487-3541.


Can I use Recreational / ATV's at Central Park

Registered off-highway vehicles may be operated at Central Park on designated roadways and parking lots only pursuant to the restrictions in Jones County's Chapter 16, Off-Highway Vehicle Ordinance, Title V-Public Order, Safety and Health, adopted December 2018.  Violations may constitute citations, vehicles being towed and/or eviction from Central Park.  Registered campers at Central Park are responsible for ensuring their visitors comply with all rules and regulations.