How long can I camp in a Linn County campground?

You can stay in one Linn County campground for a maximum of 14 days out of any 21 day period. After that, we would ask that you move to one of our other fine campgrounds. 

How do I get a campsite in Linn County Parks?

There are 24 reservable campsites are in Wanatee Park's A Loop. All but sites 14, 15, 17,  and 19 have sewer hookup. Reservations must be made online more than 4 days in advance and can be reserved up to 1 year in advance. Once we are within the 4 days of the arrival date, reservations may not be booked and camping must be done on a first-come, first-serve basis. Reservations are only available online here: Facility/Camping Reservations If no sites appear for the dates you have searched, the reservable A Loop at Wanatee Park is full. 

All other sites are first-come, first serve. This includes Wanatee Park Campground's B Loop, Morgan Creek Park Campground, Pinicon Ridge's Plains and Flying Squirrel Campgrounds, and Buffalo Creek's Walnut Grove Campground. Estimated availability of first-come first-serve areas may be found here: Morgan Creek Park Campground, Pinicon Ridge and Buffalo Creek Parks' Campgrounds, and Wanatee Park B-Loop Campground.

Our Rules and Regulations for camping state you may only register for your own campsite and that a camping unit (tent, trailer, RV, etc.) MUST be on the site. Coolers, chairs, and vehicles do not count as camping units. Self-register at the kiosk by completing the yellow camping envelope, paying exact fees by cash or check, and dropping that in the fees tube. The tearaway receipt on the envelope flap should be placed on your campsite post. You may pay night by night, or for as many days as you want up to 14 days. You may stay in any one of our parks for 14 out of 21 days before you will required to move to one of our other fine parks. 

Our primitive areas at Wakpicada Natural Area, Matsell Bridge Natural Area, and Mt. Hope are also first-come, first serve and you may self-register onsite. 

Registering for an Event

What if I need to cancel or change my program/event/day camp registration?

Please notify us ASAP if you need to add, cancel or change registrations by calling Wickiup Hill Learning Center at 319-892-6485. No refunds are given for cancellations. The cancelled spot in the program, event, or camp will be re-opened to others if appropriate. 

Reserving a Facility

What if I need to make a change or cancel my facility or camping reservation?

To change the date of an existing reservation, the request must be made at least three months prior to the reservation date. The new reservation date must be with two years of the date of the change request. A date change can only be made by calling the Conservation Office at (319) 892-6450 and will be assessed a $25 administrative fee. A new reservation would need to be made to change anything other than the date or adding optional amenities (i.e. keg fee).

Please call the Conservation Office at (319) 892-6450 ASAP to inform us of a cancellation. In order to better serve our customers in providing access to our facilities and a high quality experience we do not provide refunds for cancellations. Facilities with canceled reservations will be re-opened for reservation for the date of a cancellation.


What do I have to do to clean up a facility?

Please note the following when cleaning a facility you've reserved:
- All directional signs must be placed on stakes/supports.  They cannot be attached to any park or highway signs/posts.
- The entire floor should be swept - dirt or spills should be mopped up.
- Wipe down all appliances, sinks, counters.
- Make sure all items you brought in are removed from the facility (appliances, cupboards, draws, etc).
- Place tables and chairs on cart and return to storage room.
- Close all windows and doors.
- Shut off ceiling fans.
- Empty refuse containers from restrooms into bags; pick up all outside litter.  Park staff will remove 5 bags of trash. If additional bags are left, there a $2.00/bag charge that will be held from the deposit.
- Shut doors to any fireplaces and let the fire burn itself out (do not use water on the fire).
- Do not throw or use rice, confetti, or bird seed.
- Please having building cleaned and vacated by the appropriate closing time.

What is your refund and cancellation policy?

We ask that you call us as soon as possible to inform us of a cancellation. We do not provide refunds for cancellations of facility and camping reservations or for any of our program and gun permit registrations.

Please advise Conservation Headquarters of your facility reservation cancellation ASAP by calling 319-892-6450.

Please advise Wickiup Hill Learning Center of your program registration cancellation ASAP by calling 319-892-6485.