How can I make a reservation for a campsite?

All Carroll County Conservation Campgrounds are first come, first serve. We do not accept any reservations for camping at Swan Lake State Park, Riverside Park, Great Western Park, Dickson Timber, or Richey Access campgrounds. 

RAGBRAI 2023 - Swan Lake State Park Campground

Our campgrounds are first come, first serve – we do not take any reservations for camping.

We do have 120 camper sites and the Swan Lake Campground along with plenty of tent camping.

$10. Per tent without electricity

$18 per unit/tent with electricity

$20 per unit for full hookup service (water/sewer/electric)

$4 per shower

We do have two campground hosts on duty throughout the camping season (May – September) that can help with any questions when you arrive, or contact our office (712) 792-4614.

Carroll County Conservation accepts cash or checks for camping.

Reserving a Facility

How do I make a reservation for a cabin or shelter house?

To make a reservation for one of the following facilities contact our office at (712) 792-4614 or email office@carrollcountyiowa.org

Reservation can be made ONE YEAR IN ADVANCE.

- Deer Ridge Cabin

- Bison View Cabin

- East Shelter House

- South Shelter House

- Great Western Park Shelter House

- Dickson Timber Shelter House