Haus Park

Haus Park is a seven acre park acquired as two separate parcels - 5 acres from A. M. Haus in 1957, 2 acres from Tony Haus in 1961.  It was once the location of an old mill dam for North Washington.  Fishing access to the Little Wapsipinicon River is provided.  


Haus Park is located on the northeast corner of North Washington along the Little Wapsipinicon River.  Section 20, T96N, R13W 


Two shelters with a single picnic table in each.  Grill provided for each shelter.  Fishing access to the river. Primitive camping is allowed.

In the summer of 2014, a dam was removed and replaced with a vortex weir which will create better fish habitat and easier access to the river for users of Haus Park.

Operating Hours & Seasons

Open year round - visitors must leave the area by 10:30 p.m.

Phone: 641-394-4714

More information: