Dow House Historical Site



Located on four acres in the town of Dow City and built from 1872-1874 by Simeon E. Dow, this 13 room country home was purchased by the Crawford County Conservation Board in 1970.  With help from the Crawford County Historical Society and the town of Dow City, this house was totally restored and opened to the public in 1974.  This home shows the life of a prominent upper middle class citizen and his family in the early 1870's. 

Location

The Dow House is located south off Highway 30, on the west edge of Dow City, Iowa.

Features

This home which is featured in the National Register of Historic Places, shows the life of a prominent upper middle class citizen and his family in the early 1870's.



Also displays a 24'x40' carriage house. 

Operating Hours & Seasons

The Dow House is open to the public starting Memorial weekend to Labor Day weekend, Saturdays and Sundays only, from 12:00 noon - 4:00 p.m.  Admission fees are $2.00 for adults and $1.00 for children under 14.  Arrangements for group tours can be made in advance by calling the Conservation office at 712-263-2748.