Swiss Valley Campground

Offers 62 wooded acres along the meandering course of spring-fed Catfish Creek which is stocked with trout by the Iowa DNR each year. (Click HERE for the Northeast Iowa Trout Stream Stocking Report ) The campground contains shaded picnic areas, a playground, sports fields, modern restroom facilities, an enclosed pavilion, and much more. The campground pavilion is available to rent by calling the Resident Ranger at 563-451-9361.  Winter camping is allowed at Swiss Valley.  The Swiss Valley Nature Preserve and Center is located one mile from the park and offers additional trout fishing, hiking, cross-country skiing on groomed trails, and a visitor center with interpretive displays.

Only 30% of  the campsites at Swiss Valley campground can be reserved online.  The other 70% are first come, first served.  Campsites used for reservations that are not reserved can be used on a first come, first served basis.  A list of campsites that are reserved will be posted in the campground kiosk and yellow tags displayed on the site.



9483 Whitetop Rd

Peosta IA 52068

Phone:  563.556.6745


From Dubuque, IA via Hwy. 20 West: follow Hwy. 20 West 8 miles to Swiss Valley Road (County Rd.D33). Turn left (SE) on Swiss Valley Road  4 1/2 miles to Whitetop Road then left (North) on Whitetop Road 1/2 mile to Campground.
From Dubuque, IA via Hwy. 151 South: Follow Hwy. 151 South for 6 3/4 miles to Military Road (State Hwy. 963) and turn right (NE). Follow Military Road 1 mile to Swiss Valley Road (County Rd. D33). Turn left (E) on Swiss Valley Road 1 mile to Whitetop Road and turn right (N). Follow Whitetop Road 1/2 mile to Campground entrance. 
Google Map Location

Swiss Valley Park

9483 Whitetop Road

Peosta, IA 52068


Operating Hours & Seasons

Operating Hours are from 6:30 am until 10:30 pm year-round.  (Winter camping reminder:  water hookups will not be available during winter months and it is recommended to call ahead for more details.