Canton Church School

Canton Church School

This combination school and church was last actively in use in the 1960's.  Built in 1877, this limestone structure is a wonderful example of local building styles of the period. On the registry of National Register of Historic Places since 1979, preservation work has been done to maintain structural integrety.  This building is currently open to tours and community groups by appointment only. 

Location

6 miles west of Highway 61 off of E17, turn south on 3rd Ave. in Canton.  Next to the Maquoketa River on the east side of the road. 

Operating Hours & Seasons

Property is available for self guided viewing from 6:30 am to 10:30pm year round.  Guided tours and building access are available by appointment only by calling 563-652-3783.