What are the camping rates?

At all of our 5 campgrounds, the following fees apply:

Primitive: $10.00/night      -There are 43 Primitive sites at 5 campgrounds

Modern (Electric and Water): $20.00/night     -There are 20 sites at 1 campground

Modern (Electric, Water, Sewer): $30/night      -There are 27 sites at 2 campgrounds

Are there any reservable sites?

Yes! We have 8 reservable full-hookup sites at Martin's Access campground.

We also have 9 reservable modern sites at Silver Sioux! 

Check them out HERE

General Questions

What is there to do in Cherokee County Conservation parks?

If you are camping in any of our 5 campgrounds, you have prime access to many outdoor activities such as:

  • River or lake fishing

  4 of our campgrounds are near the Little Sioux River and 1 is lakeside

  • Hiking 

  Each of our parks have trails to walk either through wetlands, timber or prairie

  • Equestrian trails (only at Martin's Access)

  Martin's Access has 5 miles of horse trails through prairie and timber

  • Bird watching

  Martin's Access has a bird blind, but each of our parks have several different species of birds for any bird watcher

  • Geocaching

  You do not need permission to add a geocache or to look for them. We have several hidden in our parks

  • Foraging for nuts, mushrooms and berries

  We have black walnuts, gooseberries, acorns, mushrooms, and so much more for those who like to forage! Please be responsible and only take what you plant to consume

  • Picnicking 

  Most of our parks have a shelter for picnicking and several have a group shelter that can sit more people

  • Canoeing and Kayaking

  Along many of our parks is the Little Sioux River, which we have several access points for. We also have Larson Lake that you can take non-motorized boats on. CCCB has a kayak/canoe trailer for rent for $200 that has 8 canoes, 8 kayaks, or 6 canoes/4 kayaks. 

  • Hunting

  Most of our parks allow hunting. Many people have had success hunting for deer, pheasants, small game, and quail in our timbers and prairies! Check out Iowa Public Hunting Atlas for more information on public hunting grounds.

  • Winter Activities

  When we have enough snow, we groom Cross Country Skiing trails at River Road Conservation Area and Redtail Ridge, each being about a mile.

How do I request an Environmental Education Program?

Please contact our Naturalist at 712-225-6709. 

Where can I contact someone about other questions I have?

You can call us at 712-225-6709 or email us at cherokeeccb@gmail.com. On the weekends, you can text the office number to get ahold of someone. 


Can I use an ATV, OHV, or golf cart in the parks?

No, all off-roading vehicles are prohibited in our parks. 

Do I need a permit to use the shooting range?

Yes! You can register online for the permit through MyCountyParks. 

Cost is $40/household, which include 2 adults and any children under the age of 18 that reside in the same household. 

Registering for an Event

How do I register online for a permit?

  • Go under Events and choose which permit you would like (Daily or Annual).
  • The date is December 24, 2024
  • (It says it is good for December 24, 2024 but it is an annual pass)
  • Click on Register Online
  • If you want a pass for just yourself, drop down the box to INDIVIDUAL. If for your household, drop down the box to FAMILY


Reserving a Facility

Are pets allowed in our facilities?

We currently do not allow pets in our facilities. We have ONE facility that is pet friendly: Uncle Tom's Cabin.

  • An additional fee of $25/reservation (no refunds) should be paid for when making your reservation by checking the appropriate box.
  • Failure to claim pets while making the reservation will result in loss of deposit.
  • All pets must be either on a leash not exceeding 6' or tethered/kenneled at all times.
  • Pets may not be wet or bathed inside the facility.
  • Pets must be kept mannerly.
  • All pet waste must be bagged and trashed.
  • Do not tether pets to county property.

Failure to abide by this policy could result in owner being asked to leave with pet without a refund and/or deposit being kept.


Pets are welcome in all of our parks!

  • All pets must be either on a leash not exceeding 6'
  • Pets must be kept mannerly.
  • All pet waste must be bagged and trashed.
  • Do not tether pets to county property.

What are facility rental prices?

We have 6 overnight facilities and 2 partially enclosed facilities for rent at 3 different parks.

Martin's Access:

  • Small Cabin 1: $90/night, 2 night minimum, so $180 x 5% Hotel/Motel Tax = $189.00
  • Small Cabin 2: $90/night, 2 night minimum, so $180 x 5% Hotel/Motel Tax = $189.00
  • Small Cabin 3: $90/night, 2 night minimum, so $180 x 5% Hotel/Motel Tax = $189.00
  • Family Cabin 4: $190/night, 2 night minimum, so $30 x 5% Hotel/Motel Tax = $399.00
  • Partially enclosed shelter: $50/day, 2 day minimum for weddings and wedding related events

Silver Sioux: 

  • Lodge: $190/night, 2 night minimum, so $380 x 5% Hotel/Motel Tax = $399.00
  • Historic Pole Barn: $150/day, 2 day minimum for weddings and wedding related events

River Road Conservation Area:



What are the Licklider Shooting Complex range rules?

  • Beginning 2024, range fees must be paid prior to use of facilities.
  • All shooters and guests must sign-in at the registration station BEFORE commencing use of the range. They must also sign-out when leaving.
  • When range is full, please limit open shooting to 1 hour to allow other shooters use of the facilities.
  • All minors must be under direct supervision of a responsible adult.
  • Alcohol, illegal drugs, and all those under the influence are prohibited from the range and surrounding area.
  • All shooting must take place at the appropriate range location.
  • Range hours are sunrise to sunset. The range is closed December 23-March 1, weather dependent. 
  • No hunting or camping on the property.
  • Abuse of property or illegal dumping will result in range closure.
  • Any violation of these rules may result in a citation and/or revocation of range privileges.