Wildcat Bluff Recreation Area:
Named after its geologic features, the stunning Wildcat Bluff reaches 860 (above sea level) rising from the lazy Cedar River in northeastern Benton County. This recreation area provides the ultimate experience for campers, fishers, river boaters and canoeists, and nature explorers. Springtime mushroom hunting and wildflowers provide great reasons to explore and hike the winding trails within this 131 acre recreational area.
Wildcat Bluff Recreation Area is home to a challenging 18 hole Disc Golf Course. Visitors from across the region marvel at the impressive and beautiful course, nestled high above the Cedar River, and enjoy the scenic features of the course. Plan a weekend camping-disc golf trip soon at Wildcat Bluff!
Wildcat Bluff Recreation Area
57th Street Trail
Find us in east-central Iowa:
I-380 (From Cedar Rapids): ~ 17 miles N
I-380 (From Waterloo): ~25 miles S.
I-80: ~ 50 miles N.
Wildcat Bluff Park:
+River Ranger Jon Geiger residence on site.
- 131 recreational area
- 30 Campsites (electric - no shower facilities)
- 5 walk-in tent campsites (no electric - no shower facilities)
- Spectacular 18 hole Disc Golf Course - link to PDGA
- Miles of wooded, peaceful hiking trails
- Boat launch (new launch under construction completion slated for Fall, 2009)
- Fishing on Cedar River
- Picnic areas
- Hunting permitted after September 15th