This park was the site of the first white settlement in Union County and one of eight camps established by the Mormons on their trek from Nauvoo, Illinois to Utah in 1846. In 1852 the population reached a peak of 3,000, but today all that remains is a limestone obelisk bearing the names of some of those buried there. It is nominated for the State Registry of historic places and is a state preserve. Aside from the historical background this area accommodates many families for picnics with a shelter house, picnic tables, latrine and an approved water supply.
Mt. Pisgah is located approximately 4 miles south and west of Lorimor, Iowa.
GOOGLE MAP LOCATION
- Click the Google Map Location Link above
- Click on "Get Directions"
- Right click on the circular parking area in the middle of the screen
- Click on "Directions to Here"
- Enter your current location
Operating Hours & Seasons
This area is open year around